Vudu, one of the best video-on-demand (VOD) service, has announced that its service will be integrated in a number of LG televisions. Previously, Vudu was selling its own set top box to deliver the videos. Sharing its technology is a great move for Vudu as it not only makes things cheaper for end-users (it’s integrated in the TV), but it will allow Vudu to (mostly) shed itself from making hardware. Making the Vudu box was a great way to get things started, but right now it is probably not helping the adoption rate. We think that Vudu will ultimately switch to a partnership-only business model. The following LG TVs will feature the Vudu VOD service: 60PS80, 50PS80, 47LH50, 42LH50 (60, 50, 47 an 42 inches, respectively). If you don’t know what Vudu is, read our Vudu review.
Next Story: Logitech rolls out new webcams
- Beyond HD: Hi-Vision with 7680x4320 pixels
- Cable controversy: digital signals are just bits, but it does not mean that nothing can go wrong
- FPD Day 2 - Touch Screens and "Digital Signage" make their mark
- This Adjustable Toilet Seat Can Keep Any Size Butt Comfortable
- 3D-Printed Underwear Is Now A Reality