Windows Phone might be the new name for Windows Mobile 6.x and Windows Mobile 7. Of course, Microsoft is taking a lot of heat because a name change is probably the last thing on the wishlist of Windows Mobile users. That said, let’s hope that this also marks a change of Mindset that puts the user experience first. I owned the first iPaq, a Windows CE device, and I was sad to see that up until Windows Mobile 6.1, the user interface has not changed one bit. Windows Mobile 6.5 does make things better in many ways.
I was hoping that the Zune HD would use Windows Mobile (or CE). The Nvidia Tegra chip in the Zune HD has Windows CE/Mobile drivers, so that would be a good indicator, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
Next Story: Motorola Sholes spotted
- 2011-06-01: Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- 2011-05-31: T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- 2011-05-25: Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-24: iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-10: Google I/O 2011 wrap-up