Zero Motorcycles is back with their latest effort, the Zero DS electric motorcycle. It will come equipped with tougher tires and a more aggressive suspension, running entirely off electricity. Despite not using any petrol, the Zero DS is still able to be a zippy vehicle on the street, featuring a huge round headlight in front without making it look out of place. It won’t be able to go as fast as we would like though, maxing out at 55 mph while featuring a working range of 50 miles. The 4 kWh battery takes less than 4 hours to charge up completely though, making this a suitable set of wheels to own if you want something that allows you to zip to town and back without adding more of your carbon footprint to the environment. The Zero DS won’t come cheap at $9,950 though.
- 2013-06-30: Lightning Electric Motorcycle Comes Up Tops Against Gas-Powered Bikes
- 2013-03-28: Freeride E-Speed Electric Motorcycle
- 2011-11-10: Energica electric motorcycle looks really mean
- 2011-10-17: Electric Zero DS ferry police around in an effort to go green
- 2011-08-25: Stand on the MXB Shocker electric bike