Altec Lansing has released yet another digital boombox, the MIX IMT800 for the iPod and iPhone. This was inspired by retro, audio rack-style equipment, where it boasts a built-in Universal Dock, horn-loaded silk dome tweeters, a pair of mid range drivers, a 5.25” side-firing subwoofer and 5.25” tuned passive radiator and an integrated digital FM radio. Depending on the situation, you can choose to have it run on AC power or take the more expensive long-term route – using eight D batteries, although the latter option does lend an air of portability to the entire setup. Other features include an LCD with track, artist, album, and station display, a seven-band graphic equalizer, dual top-mounted auxiliary inputs and a clip-on carabiner remote control. Expect the Altec Lansing MIX IMT800 digital boombox to go for $300 thereabouts.
Next Story: Xenics ddung speaker
- 2012-01-12: Altec Lansing LIVE 5000 Wi-Fi all-in-one speaker
- 2011-11-15: Altec Lansing announces new Custom Series earphones
- 2011-09-16: Altec Lansing iMT630 iPhone/iPod speaker dock
- 2011-05-25: Altec Lansing ships MIX iMT810 digital boombox
- 2011-05-03: Altec Lansing Orbit USB Stereo now on sale