Caustic Graphics, the company behind the CausticOne hardware ray-tracer has just announced that several (big name) graphics software companies have started porting their applications to the CausticRT platform. These companies are: Lightwork Design, Robert McNeel & Associates, Realtime Technology AG, Right Hemisphere and SplutterFish. All are using ray-tracing heavily, and if things turn out as planned, designers using these tools will benefit from a productivity boost. Many of the companies listed above will demonstrate their products running on CausticOne, the prototype for the upcoming CauticTwo card. Note that in a previous post, we mistakenly said that CausticTwo would be demonstrated at SIGGRAPH 09, while it was in fact CausticOne that will be on the show floor. CausticTwo should be available in the first quarter of 2010.
Booths at the show: Caustic Graphics booth (#2026), Autodesk, Inc. booth (#2201), Lightwork Design booth (#2635), Robert McNeel & Associates booth (#2030).
Next Story: Time Your Light
- 2011-05-05: HR3D from MIT: A Better 3D Screen Than the Nintendo 3DS, But...
- 2011-01-12: Kinect for Flash, Silverlight and Unity
- 2011-01-02: PrimeSense and Asus to Launch WAVI Xtion Gesture-Controlled User Interface
- 2010-07-27: Warhammer 40,000 inspired casemod looks totally awesome
- 2010-11-29: Nintendo Game Boy Web App