Microsoft looks set to remove the flash memory Zune in place of the upcoming Zune HD as evident by the player’s disappearance from the Zune Store. Of course, you can always pick one up from a brick and mortar store, but those will also be in limited quantities as whatever’s left is that – you can’t get new stock. This is a strategy that many a company has adopted in the past to great success, so Microsoft has followed suit. You can still pick up the Zune 80GB and Zune 120GB from the official store though, and in a choice of your own colors as well.
Next Story: Razer working on StarCraft II gaming peripherals
- 2013-11-13 Microsoft Retiring Zune Marketplace As Early As November 22
- 2012-04-26 Microsoft rumored to unveil cross-platform Zune successor at E3 later this year
- 2012-02-06 Free Zune pass for one year with Windows Phone purchase
- 2011-10-27 Zune Music heading Down Under this November 16th
- 2011-10-10 Zune HD killed yet again