This article was filed in and was tagged with qualcomm.
Qualcomm is said to be working on the FLO TV Personal Television, where this device will share a form factor that is not too far off from the iPhone, and is capable of tuning into broadcasts on Qualcomm’s FLO TV terrestrial digital TV service. The whole idea of doing so is because it is a better idea compared to relying on the limitations of a bandwidth constrained 3G wireless network. Mobile digital TV might be doing pretty OK in South Korea and Japan, but those are the only two countries that have managed to sustain enough interest going for it to be a viable business plan, so it remains to be seen whether the FLO TV Personal Television is able to emulate its far east counterparts should it be released. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that when available, the service fees will be within reach of most ordinary Joes.
Next Story: EviGroup Wallet MID
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3