Forget about the Segway as a mode of personal transport – the GoPet scooter is much cheaper and won’t break your bank account, while being perfectly capable of ferrying you from one point to another on a campus or at the office. Powered by a 48V, 350W direct drive front hub motor, it can carry you at speeds of up to 16mph, while the 25-mile range ought to last quite some time until the next charging period unless you’re one busy bee who has to rush from one appointment to another throughout the whole day. A full battery recharge takes up to half a dozen hours, which translates to approximately 10 cents in terms of your electricity bill. There is no word on pricing, but it surely will be cheaper than the Segway.
Next Story: Multi-touch panels from Young Fast
- 2013-09-05: Man Puts Giant Flamethrower On Mobility Scooter For The Heck Of It
- 2013-07-17: Be.e Scooter Manufactured The Green Way
- 2013-02-15: Moveo Electric Scooter Is Foldable, No Parking Spot Required
- 2011-09-09: MyWay - a cool ultraportable electric scooter
- 2011-07-13: Solar-powered vehicles ensure you never have to pedal to keep moving