What you see here could possibly be a prototype model for the third generation iPod touch, where the device will carry a rear-mounted camera as whispered in previous rumors. There is a “2009” marking on one of the device’s circuit boards, while a camera sensor module is located in the right place if a device is to hold a rear-facing camera. If this is the real deal, guess Apple will retain the same headphone port, volume buttons, sleep/wake button, and plastic antenna cover. Guess if you aren’t too desperate to pick up an iPod touch, it might be more prudent to wait just a little while longer to see what Apple has in store for you.RELATED
- IDC: iPad's 2048 x 1536 resolution display will miss out on next release
- Apple uses multi-GPU in iPad 2 and iPhone 5?
- Rumor: iPhone 4G chassis captured on video
- iPhone 4G in Vietnam seems to run on iPhone OS 4?
- Apple thinking of using AMD chips? Not so fast
- Follow: ipod touch, prototype,
- Seen at: ilounge