Leica is preparing itself to open its first US store in West Palm Beach, Florida, where it will be located on the trendy Clematis street in the downtown area. Offering more than 26,000 sq. ft. of classrooms, museum, studio, store and administration, the emphasis within this building will be just digital photography – hence doing away with the need for a dark rook. As for the general photography store, that will take up around 3,000 sq. ft. of space, including the Leica Store in Store (SIS). We’re looking at a 6-week timeframe for the store to be opened. Looks like more and more tech companies are opening up brand specific stores to push their products, and we lay the “blame” on Apple’s successful Apple Store for making this method prominent.
Next Story: DIY cameraphone macro lens
- 2014-03-06: Leica T Type 701 Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced on 24th April
- 2013-10-08: What If Jony Ive Designed Leica Cameras?
- 2013-09-09: Leica C Compact Camera Announced
- 2013-08-08: Leica C Type 112 Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2013-08-04: Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm/F1.2 Lens Announced By Panasonic