Onkyo recently announced a couple of home theater receivers, the TX-NR807 and TX-SR707. Both models are 7.2-channel systems, where the former is able to stream audio from Internet-based services including Pandora, Rhapsody, Sirius and Internet radio from vTuner’s database. In addition, it is able to play back all audio stored on networked PCs and hard drives since the receiver is DLNA 1.5-compliant. Supported file formats include MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis and AAC file playback from PCs. Other features include DVD upconversion to 1080p, half a dozen HDMI inputs, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, and is THX-Select2 Plus as well as Dolby Pro Logic IIz certified. As for the lesser TX-SR707, it lacks networking compatibility does not pump out as much power is its more expensive sibling. Onyko has priced the TX-SR-707 and TX-NR807 at $899 and $1,099, respectively.
Next Story: Tainell T500 portable media player
- 2011-04-11 AV3000 Amped Wireless A/V Net Connect Home WiFi Network Bridge
- 2011-03-24 Iomega ScreenPlay DX HD Media Player/Server launched
- 2010-12-20 TMP-301K is the little DivX box that could
- 2010-05-17 Integra DTR-30.2 and DTR-20.2 3D-ready receivers
- 2010-06-29 Magic Orange concept for your living room