Long after the Palm Pre was first unveiled at CES this year, folks living in Canada will finally be able to get their hands on this webOS-powered smartphone courtesy of Bell. Folks living in the Great White North can pick the Pre up for $199.99 after agreeing to a 3-year contract, while those who prefer to snap up the Pre outright without any strings attached ought to make sure they have $599.95 sitting pretty in their bank accounts at the very least. Still, contract-free purchasers are required to subscribe to a minimum data plan of 500MB.
Next Story: Vodafone offers 14.4 Megabit mobile broadband
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-05-06: Palm Pre Arrives In Canada Via Bell Mobility
- 2009-12-19: Palm Pre For $0 on Bell Canada?
- 2010-08-29: Palm Pre overclocked beyond 1GHz mark