Patriot has Mac users’ interests at heart with their new line of Koi SSDs. According to Patriot Flash Product Manager Meng Jay, “In designing the Koi, we wanted to bring a product to market that was specifically designed for the performance found on Apple platforms. The Koi Series has been thoroughly tested in Apple’s Development Center to ensure optimal compatibility and stability. We have also backed our Koi Series with one of the best warranties in the industry, 5 years.” The Koi Series is able to hit 260MB per second sequential read and 180MB per second sequential write speeds, accompanied by 64MB of onboard DRAM cache. Other features include being shock resistant up to 1500G, vibration resistant to 20G and has an industry high MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) of more than 2.5 million hours. Available only in 128GB and 256GB capacities, they’re be available later this month for a yet undisclosed price.
Next Story: Switch wall clock
- 2014-04-07: Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2013-12-09: Samsung Unveils 1TB mSATA SSD
- 2013-10-18: Apple Warns Of SSD Failures In MacBook Air
- 2013-10-10: Toshiba Q Series Pro PC Internal Solid State Drive Announced
- 2013-10-11: Samsung SSD EVO 250GB And 750GB Review