Pentax just announced two compact cameras, the Optio P80 and E80. Both come with a 2.7″ LCD display, up to 6400 ISO sensor sensitivity and face/smile detection, but here are the differences.
The P80 has a 12 Megapixel sensor, a 4X optical zoom, some image stabilization mojo and can record 720p movies at 30fps. The E80 captures photos at 10 Megapixel, has a 3X optical zoom but captures video at only 15fps.
Of course, both are priced accordingly: $200 for the P80 and $130 for the E80. Both cameras will be available in September. More information
- 2014-04-03: Limited Edition Pentax Q7 Premium Kit Unveiled
- 2014-02-11: Sony a6000 Camera Officially Launched
- 2013-06-12: Pentax K-50, K-500, And Q7 Cameras Introduced
- 2013-06-04: Panasonic Rumored To Launch Ultra-Compact Micro Four Thirds Camera
- 2013-06-04: Rugged Pentax WG-3 Camera In White Announced
- 2013-04-26: Pentax Confirms They Are Working On APS-C Camera And A New Full Frame DSLR
- 2012-05-21: PENTAX introduces new K-30 Digital SLR Camera