Could robots run on a universal operating system in the near future? Perhaps – the Robot Operating System idea looks as though it will happen in due time, and we hope that it will help bridge gaps between various robots since they are more or less unique at the moment with each one built from the ground up with proprietary operating systems. The Robot Operating System aims to change that by creating a space that allows programmers to code functions for robots without having to know the robot intimately. This type of programming can then be adapted and tailored to individual robots. This is a similar approach that led to the PC boom many decades ago, so could we see the same thing happen for robots this time round?
Next Story: Fantacy Land Youth Collection
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland