Atlona has rolled out its DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter which will hook up a dual-link DVI input while transferring those signals to the new, compact connector that can be found on more and more high-end displays these days. While Apple themselves do sell an adpater that allows current MacBook owners to work on their existing Apple Cinema Displays, this is one simple device that converts signals the other way around. Nice to know it is also full HD compatible, catering for 1,920 x 1,200 resolution and can preserve EDID and HDCP information to do away with worries concerning copy protection. Expect the Atlona DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter to start shipping from September 29th onwards for $179 a pop.
Next Story: Samsung unveils mobile display driver
- 2011-07-01: Panasonic thermoelectric tubes efficiently turn waste heat into electricity
- 2011-04-05: Thanko's Cassette Mate makes those old tapes relevant again
- 2011-04-04: Desktop Photo to Digital Picture Converter preserves your memories digitally
- 2011-03-08: Adobe Wallaby: Flash-to-HTML 5 converter
- 2010-12-06: Atlona Technologies Releases HDMI to Mini DisplayPort Converter Box