If you’re an iPhone or iPhone 3G owner who has recently upgraded to OS 3.1, you might notice a “Policy Requirement” error when you try to use your Microsoft Exchange account after the upgrade. The bad news is that Apple states that the update enforces the Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy, which requires encryption on the device, which in turn is only supported by the 3GS. So if you aren’t using a 3GS, you’ll need to beg your Exchange Server administrator to change the policy to not make device encryption mandatory. Either that or you can wait and see if Apple are feeling generous.
Next Story: Dynamism Viliv S7 UMPC Details
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2011-11-07: Siri runs on the iPhone 3GS as well
- 2011-10-20: AT&T sees high demand for iPhone 3GS
- 2011-08-05: Lower-priced iPhone launching soon?