The Murata unicycle robot has a companion now, known as MurataGirl where ‘she’ stands at 50cm tall, tipping the scales at a mere 6kg while boasting similar technology, allowing her to remain stationary, move around on a single wheel without tipping over. This is made possible by arbitrarily controlling rotation of the wheel for front-to-back direction, alongside rotation of the fly-wheel that is integrated into her chest for side-to-side direction, taking instructions from the gyro sensor. She is improved in terms of speed though, capable of riding at 15cm/sec, which is thrice the speed of its predecessor.
Next Story: Volume limit on MP3 players
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland