USB 3.0 is on the verge of entering mainstream consciousness, and Point Grey aims to take advantage of it by releasing their new USB 3.0 video camera that is able to pump full 1080p video at a stunning 60fps. This is made possible thanks to the widened pipe of USB 3.0 which allows more raw data than ever to be pushed through to the host computer’s CPU. Inside the Point Grey video camera, you will find Sony’s 3-megapixel CMOS sensor. No idea on pricing or availability though, but it should cost a premium over regular USB 2.0 webcams.
Next Story: Predator VX360 waterproof camcorder
- 2014-01-08: Corsair Flash Voyager GO USB 3.0 Flash Drives Announced
- 2013-10-17: World's Smallest USB 3.0 Flash Drive Measures In At Only 0.07 Inches
- 2013-09-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Will Charge, Transfer Data Faster Thanks To USB 3.0
- 2013-01-08: Kingston Unveils 1TB DataTraveler HyperX Predator USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2012-06-29: Point Gray FL3-U3-88S2C 4K Camera Connects to USB 3.0
- 2009-09-19: Point Grey USB 3.0 HD Webcam