The movie industry has realized that it could generate fat margins from 3D content, so it’s like a gold rush now. Samsung has had it for a couple of years now, but Sony has decided to join the party. By 2010, Sony will bring stereo 3D into a host of devices, including TV, computers and Blu-Ray players and game consoles. Hopefully they won’t try to create their own stereo (movie) format… I’ve already heard that there was a new turf war there. That will likely slow adoption… it seems that companies never learn.
Next Story: Fujitsu Air Commander, a Wiimote for PC
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2011-01-05 Sony Bravia 3D HDTV Lineup
- 2010-06-01 3D action on the Sony PS3 to begin June 10th
- 2010-11-22 Sony Bravia Update To Add Photo Sharing Support