This article was filed in and was tagged with DEMO and GPS.
[DEMOFall 09] We published about Waze, the navigation application for smarphones that uses drivers-generated maps. The services, previously in closed alpha in Israel, launched in May 2009 in the US, for iPhone and Android, today it launched for Symbian and Windows Mobile at DEMO. Waze collects GPS point anonymously from drivers’ Smartphones to update the traffic conditions in real-time. Drivers can provide road and map information manually from their phone as well. According to Waze, in May, the application was used by 85,000 drivers in Israel and 180,000 drivers have downloaded the application in now, which represents 20% of the Smartphone users in the country. To learn more about waze online, visit www.waze.com
Next Story: VIAAS, IP video surveillance "as a service"
- 2014-04-14 Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27 Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06 HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2009-09-22 Micello: Mobile Indoors Maps
- 2010-03-21 Flinc: Mobile Location-based App for Dynamic RideSharing