Sprint looks all set to release webOS firmware 1.2.0 for the masses, where some of the updates and enhancements will include :-
- Enhanced copy feature added to browser and email (shift key + tap and drag to select text).
- Improved global search to catch synonyms. For example, “Movies” brings up YouTube and Videos.
- Send/Receive vCards via the contacts application (tap left menu drop down)
- LinkedIn enhancements
- Filter search in email
- Bluetooth for expanded car-kit support
- Improved auto-linking of contacts
- Save inline images in email
- Resume support for podcasts and long songs
- Download files in browser
- Backup/Restore of web browser bookmarks
- Support Amazon MP3 over WAN (not just WiFi)
- Photo Albums sync via Media Sync
Apart from that, a slew of issues have also been addressed including the ability to dial phone numbers from a calendar notes field, doing away with the need to reboot whenever you want to download music with insufficient user memory, correct real-time updates on Yahoo Finance and the ability to open PDF files from a browser link among numerous others. Remember, always make a backup before you attempt any firmware update, official or not.
Next Story: Envive 4TB TheaterStation
- 2014-04-22: Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17: Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2009-06-09: WebOS 1.0.2 Update Now Available
- 2009-09-28: webOS 1.2.0 now out
- 2009-12-18: webOS 1.3.5 confirmed
- 2009-12-28: Sprint to get webOS 1.3.5 real soon
- 2010-08-10: webOS 184.108.40.206 update to arrive on Sprint phones today?