Microsoft has officially announced that the first wave of Windows Mobile 6.5 will arrive on October 6. Here’s how Microsoft puts it: “will deliver new customer experiences through an improved, easy-to-use user interface, better browsing capabilities and access to valuable services”.
Read our Windows Mobile 6.5 Review, but basically, Microsoft brought Windows Mobile back to a place where the user interface is “OK” for touch phones (6.1 is terrible). WM 6.5 also represents Microsoft’s realization that something had to be done about the user experience. As of late I have still not seen a Windows Mobile 6.5 device with proper graphics acceleration, but I keep my fingers crossed. Progress was evident, but when the final product ships, we will take a second look at the details.RELATED
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: smartphones, windows mobile, windows mobile 6.5,