Microsoft has officially announced that the first wave of Windows Mobile 6.5 will arrive on October 6. Here’s how Microsoft puts it: “will deliver new customer experiences through an improved, easy-to-use user interface, better browsing capabilities and access to valuable services”.
Read our Windows Mobile 6.5 Review, but basically, Microsoft brought Windows Mobile back to a place where the user interface is “OK” for touch phones (6.1 is terrible). WM 6.5 also represents Microsoft’s realization that something had to be done about the user experience. As of late I have still not seen a Windows Mobile 6.5 device with proper graphics acceleration, but I keep my fingers crossed. Progress was evident, but when the final product ships, we will take a second look at the details.
Next Story: Facebook 1.7 for BlackBerry
- 2012-03-09: Windows Mobile Marketplace to be shut down this May
- 2011-08-10: Caller ID announcement spotted in Windows Phone 7 Mango
- 2011-03-15: Honeycomb theme for your Windows Mobile device
- 2010-03-21: T-Mobile HTC HD2 Unboxed Before Launch
- 2010-04-16: Windows Mobile 6.5 Virus Makes International Calls
- 2010-04-30: Vodafone UK Now Offers The HTC HD Mini
- 2010-05-19: T5353 HTC Diamond2 Clone From China Can Dual Boot Android And Windows Mobile
- 2010-09-10: HTC Desire HD Render Surfaces With Windows Mobile 6.5
- 2010-11-09: iPhone users spend most with their credit cards among other smartphone owners
- 2010-11-09: Trimble Nomad 900 Series Outdoor Rugged Handheld Computers