AT&T has announced that Windows Mobile phones would get free WiFi from its hotspots starting from September 14th. iPhone and Blackberry devices have enjoyed the free WiFi for some time, and we wonder if this move is aimed at reducing the stress on AT&T’s network.
However, having a Windows Mobile phone is not sufficient: the AT&T customer must also subscribe to specific wireless data plans. Read the fine prints.
Next Story: Windows 7 technical briefing: live now
- 2014-04-09: Transit Wireless And AT&T Target 242 More NYC Subway Stops
- 2014-04-08: SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-04-04: AT&T Joins The Party, Offers BlackBerry Deal Of Their Own
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Service Plan Price Cut To Match AT&T
- 2014-03-30: TWRP For Sprint And AT&T HTC One M8 Released
- 2009-08-04: Microsoft on porting iPhone apps to Windows Mobile
- 2010-03-04: Windows Phone 7 Sheds Backwards Compatibility