AT&T has announced that Windows Mobile phones would get free WiFi from its hotspots starting from September 14th. iPhone and Blackberry devices have enjoyed the free WiFi for some time, and we wonder if this move is aimed at reducing the stress on AT&T’s network.
However, having a Windows Mobile phone is not sufficient: the AT&T customer must also subscribe to specific wireless data plans. Read the fine prints.
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: at&t, Microsoft, smartphones, wifi, windows mobile, winmo,
- Seen at: boygeniusreport