Walmart gets its business by providing discount goods, and now it’s going to do the same for wireless services by coming up with its own flavor of wireless service, called Straight Talk. Plans start from $30/month and $45 for unlimited talk, text and data. The icing on the cake is that you don’t even have to commit to a data plan. Walmart has teamed up with TracFone in this venture, though you have to admit the sub-$100 handsets that they’re offering won’t be too attractive. There is, however at least one QWERTY phone offered, so text-crazy people can rejoice. Check out the full press release here.
Next Story: New Wi-Fi Spec To Take On Bluetooth?
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-03-18: Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2014-02-23: Dell Backs The Alliance For Wireless Power
- 2013-11-15: Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- 2013-07-10: Stickers Could Work As A Cheap Wireless Sensor Network
- 2013-06-26: Wireless Dash Warning Light Warns You Of Slowing Traffic