Bill Keller of the NY Times has dropped the bomb by mentioning the upcoming Apple Slate tablet computer. Here’s what he says in his speech to the digital group at the New York Times:
Sixth, we need to figure out the right journalistic product to deliver to mobile platforms. I’m hoping we can get the newsroom more actively involved in delivering our best journalistic product..
… times reader, iPhone apps, impending apple slate or whatever comes after that.
The video is in the full post. Now, remember that it doesn’t mean that Bill Keller has inside information or has unintentionally pre-announced a product. He might just be expecting Apple to launch such a device soon. In the past, the NY Times has been one of the few outlets to have an early access to Apple’s products, and if such a tablet was to exist, you can bet that Apple is talking to media partners right now – including the NYT, to figure out how to make it economically viable for the newspapers. Search previous Apple Tablet stories.
Next Story: Nokia Booklet 3G could get sequel
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-02-17: Apple hogs up to 60% of world's touch panels
- 2010-01-27: Apple iPad Is Now On Apple Website
- 2010-01-27: Apple Stock Drops Upon iPad Announcement But Goes Up On Price Announcement
- 2010-01-27: First iPad Review, I played with it on 1/27
- 2010-01-30: Apple iPad Costs $270.50 To Manufacture?