AUO has released its first 6″ flexible e-paper display that is able to live up to a whole lot of abuse, where it can be repeatedly bended without compromising on image quality to make it even more like that of an actual paper. This portable and unbreakable flexible e-paper will rely on Sipix’s exclusive Microcup technology, incorporating a plastic substrate that is highly durable. Even when the curved radius reaches 100mm, it will remain flexible and features 16 gray levels, a 9:1 high contrast ratio, and a reflectance of 33%. Do we hear news of new e-book readers that will utilize this breakthrough in e-paper display technology? Hopefully so.
Next Story: LG Flatron W30 Series notebook monitors
- 2014-04-13: AUO 5.7-Inch WQHD AMOLED Display Spotted
- 2012-10-29: AUO flashes the world's thinnest bezel display
- 2011-10-31: AUO flexible paper comes with battery pack
- 2011-10-28: See-through panels are the future
- 2011-06-20: AUO Sipix e-paper hits 6 fps for video, might even touch 16fps