If rumors which are going around the Internet are to be believed, it seems like the folks over in China will be one of the first people to be able to buy a Google Chrome powered netbook off the shelf. Word on the street is that a firm called Lemote, which is partially funded by the Chinaese government, will begin selling the Fullong Mini and Yellong notebook sometime soon. The netbook will supposedly be powered by a Loongson processor designed in China. It will certainly be interesting to see how Google Chrome competes with Linux and Windows in the netbook arena.
- 2013-01-02: ASUS And Acer Bow Out Of Netbook Market
- 2012-06-27: Acer TravelMate B113 gets Sandy Bridge platform
- 2012-05-08: Acer Aspire One 725 ready to rock and roll
- 2012-04-29: Sol Computer netbook is one tough cookie
- 2012-04-17: Sprint launches subsidized IdeaPad S205s netbook for $199.99 on contract
- 2011-03-17: Asus to release Google Chrome netbooks?
- 2010-12-07: Google Chrome OS Demoed and Detailed by Google
- 2010-12-07: Google Cr-48: The First Chrome OS Netbook