We knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later, but regardless of that, it’s still a little sad to see ads start to show up on Google Maps for iPhone (or iPod touch). It’s not big surprise, especially since advertising is a big business for Google. The good news is that the ads don’t seem to obtrusive, so is you take into account that you’re getting a great free service, a few ads won’t hurt you, right? What do you think about the whole deal? Drop us a comment and let us know.
Next Story: Thinner iMac And Lighter MacBook Ads
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2013-05-06: Gmail for iOS Updated To Open Links In Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps
- 2009-11-29: Apple Looking To Improve iPhone Maps?
- 2009-12-12: TomTom Lowers Price To $49.99