[CEATEC 09] KDDI was showing the PLY phone that has sliding buttons on the side. They are designed so that they can’t be easily pressed by accident. HTC could learn a thing or two from this design as their side buttons are often pressed accidentally (at least with last year’s models). The rest of the phone is also well done, and there even is a plywood stand that could look stylish with the right interior. I’m not sure that the stand comes in the box, though (that would be a big box!). Unfortunately, the software aspect of the phone seemed pretty classic. That said, I don’t pretend to understand how people use their phones here.
Next Story: DoCoMo Virtual Assistant
- 2013-10-03: TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03: Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03: This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03: NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03: Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout