LaCie has unveiled a couple of external hard drives that comes with the Phillippe Starck touch – both of them clearly look out of this world. Sporting a sculptured magma motif, you get a touch-sensitive Starck Desktop that is covered by a 3mm aluminum shell alongside Starck’s signature orange LED that will show off the drive’s current status. The touch interface can be customized to your liking, allowing you to open selected applications depending on how long they stay in contact with the touch surface. Compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, it will require an external power supply (bummer). Expect the Starck Desktop to come in 1TB and 2TB capacities alongside an automatic backup feature. As for the Starck Mobile, this model will feature a built-in retractable USB cable and doesn’t require an external power supply, although storage space maxes out at 500GB. You can pick up the 320GB and 500GB for $100 and $140, respectively, while the 1TB Starck Desktop drive costs $130 with the 2TB model going for $250. There is no word on a release date just yet.
Next Story: Samsung Intrepid from Sprint
- 2014-04-16: LaCie Confirms Customer Data Breach On Their Website
- 2014-04-06: LaCie Thunderbolt 2 Storage Solution Announced
- 2014-03-11: LaCie's 'World's Fastest' Portable External Drive Launched
- 2014-01-09: LaCie Culbuto USB Key Looks Very Different From The Norm
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive