NEC has just rolled out one of the coolest ever gadgets that we’ve covered to date – a pair of eyeglass equipment which will interpret foreign languages into mother tongues, while projecting said translation directly onto a person’s retina. The implications of this is huge assuming the translation is spot on – it allows one to speak fluently without any communication hang ups with a foreigner in your mother tongue, although it will greatly remove the charm and intrigue associated with visiting a strange and faraway land where English is probably the language of choice – from the bottom up.
Next Story: Conceptual signs in the dark
- 2013-11-14: NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12: NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02: NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30: NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01: NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market