Researchers have managed to work out a penny-sized “nuclear battery” which is capable of producing energy from radioisotopes decay. While this technology is not new as it has seen action in military and aerospace applications to date, they’re much larger compared to what has been achieved till now. Capable of holding up to a million times more charge compared to standard batteries, these nuclear batteries could potentially reduce the amount of used batteries we thrown in our landfills in the long run, although there will always be at least an opposing group who wonder whether these things will be safe or not.
Next Story: Honda EV-N concept
- 2014-04-01: EneBrick Mobile Rechargeable Battery Offers Versatility
- 2014-03-25: Sick? How About Snacking On Some Batteries?
- 2014-03-24: BatteryBox Offers New Lease Of Life For Drained Devices
- 2014-01-17: HyperJuice Battery Extends MacBook Run Time By Another 53 Hours
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery