We’ve all seen Darth Vader hack of Luke Skywalker’s hand in dramatic fashion, which results in Luke getting a prosthetic hand in the end. Are we moving closer towards such technology? It certainly seems so. Researchers are the Lund University in Sweden and Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Italy have come up with a Smart Hand which has sensors that can be attached to the nerve endings in the stump of an arm, allowing patients to feel and control the Smart Hand. Hopefully this will be given proper focus and we’ll see more and more sophisticated prosthesis in the future.
Next Story: Samsung LTE USB Modem
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland