Just how smart can a cap get? The SmartCap, it seems, was developed for miners where it is able to monitor a driver’s brain waves for signs of fatigue, followed by relaying a warning signal to the computer display in a vehicle to recommend the driver to pull over and get some rest. Currently, trials of the hat have proved to be successful, where it is able to reduce the number of fatalities for drivers at CRC Mining from 40 in 2007 to 27 in 2008. CRC aims to see this technology make the jump to drivers everywhere in the near future.
Next Story: Pillow Projector
- 2011-09-21: Sprint to cap Mobile Hotspot add-on plan next month
- 2011-08-19: EA limits Star Wars: The Old Republic digital and physical launch copies
- 2011-06-09: Sprint 4G upload speed caps to increase tomorrow
- 2011-04-01: LED Hat Clip On Lamp lets you see in the dark
- 2011-03-28: Netflix narrows bandwidth for capped Canadian users