According to the NYTimes, T-Mobile might (yes, *might*) recover some of the lost data from the Sidekick debacle. Microsoft Engineers (Sidekick belongs to Microsoft) think that some data might be salvageable. If you’re a Sidekick user, all hope is not lost yet, but frankly I wouldn’t hold my breath… In the meantime, T-Mobile compensating the “significant loss of data” by offering a $100 gift certificate (that effectively costs them much less). It’s better than nothing, but it will only mildly calm those who lost critical data.
Update: some customers have reported that their data is back.RELATED
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: backup, data, Microsoft, outage, sidekick, t-mobile,