[CEATEC 09] Sony and others were demonstrating Transfer Jet, a short-range point to point communications protocol for mobile device that can reach speeds of 560Mbps. There were various scenarios shown at their booth that range from streaming music from a Transfer Jet enabled coffee table, to buying a video quasi-instantly from a kiosk. In any case, the concept is very cool, but it will still need to catch on. The good news is that other Japanese manufacturers are already backing it (Toshiba), but there needs to be more support than that.
Next Story: KDDI PLY phone (as in PLYwood)
- 2013-10-03 TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03 Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03 This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03 NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03 Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout