[CEATEC 09] Zenrin was demonstrating a cool looking GPS app for the Sony PSP. In the 2D map mode, the application doesn’t look much different from any other PND. However, when arriving to a complex intersection (like some in Tokyo), the GPS will switch to a 3D mode where detailed models of the surrounding and a clear path are shown. I can’t tell you if it’s good or not, without taking it for a spin, but I sure could have been using something like that many times in my life. That said, augmented reality is probably better and cheaper – when it will become more common.
Next Story: Fujitsu Mobile Phone Design Award 2009
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids