Gordon Murray, an ex-McLaren Formula One designer has come up with a trio of prototypes of his T.27 electric car that will cater for city or town use. Interestingly enough, the T.25 (its predecessor) tips the scales at a mere 600kg, which is half the weight of a small family car on average. The T.27 comes with a tubular frame to absorb energy and does well to pass all relevant safety tests in case you were wondering. Just a thought though – it can hit 60 miles per hour, but what happens when a really large truck overtakes it, will the T.27′s relative lightness cause it to swerve or skid?
Next Story: Thrustmaster T-Freestyle NW for the Wii
- 2014-03-18 Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2013-12-05 Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26 DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25 Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16 DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon