We’re not sure if you were affected or not, but it seems that more than a few Gmail users were complaining that they were unable to access their Gmail accounts for at least 12 hours during Halloween, and to some people, that’s like going without oxygen for 12 hours. According to Twitter postings, Gmail returns the error code “502” when users try to sign in. To make things worse, even folks who paid for 24/7 phone support were unable to contact Google’s phone support, despite paying $50 per user, per year. This incident isn’t widespread as the Sept 1st outage, but it certainly seems a lot more irritating. Did you experience any outages? Drop us a comment to let us know your experience.
Next Story: iPhone Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-25: Gmail Experiment Shows Promotional Emails As Ads