The Hitachi EMIEW (Excellent Mobility and Interactive Existence as Work-mate) moves about on its wheels, relying on technology that can be found in the Segway as well. This allows it to zip about robustly compared to bipedal robots, hitting a maximum speed of 3.7mph with a reaction time of 100 miliseconds. The EMIEW has been usurped by its newer sibling, the EMIEW 2 which brings better technology to the table.
Next Story: SmartPill gets FDA nod
- 2013-03-12: Hitachi Ropits Self-Driving Vehicle
- 2012-10-04: Hitachi bomb-detecting airport gate prototype unveiled
- 2012-09-24: Hitachi claims to have “forever” data solution
- 2012-05-07: Hitachi launches all-in-one data center service
- 2012-04-12: Hitachi Develops High-Efficiency Motor with no Rare Earth Materials
- 2012-02-22: Hitachi EMIEW 2 receives upgrades
- 2009-12-11: Robot network in the works?
- 2010-06-21: Hitachi EMIEW 2 upgraded with new features