You know those capsule hotels in Japan that cost an exorbitant price just for a night’s sleep? Well, it has been given an overhaul in terms of design thanks to product designer Fumie Shibata whose concept will be known as 9 h (Nine Hours). Opening in Kyoto from next month onwards, you will get 125 clean, minimalist capsules alongside lockers, showers and a communal lounge. Each capsule will boast its own computerized lighting system by Panasonic alongside sheets with a thread count equivalent of a four-star hotel.
Next Story: DIY water purifier
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-14: SoftBank's CEO Reveals How He Brought The iPhone To Japan