It’s no secret that Rupert Murdoch isn’t too happy with Google making News Corp content or partial content widely available to everybody, so what would Microsoft have to gain for a potential deal with News Corp? Well, word on the street is that Microsoft might be offering to pay News Corp to de-index its news sites from Google, which would probably drive folks searching for News Corp sites to Microsoft’s Bing. If that becomes reality, folks in the UK would probably notice that The Times and The Sun will no longer appear on Google News. Considering that Murdoch has previously threatened to remove News Corp content from Google, this might be an added incentive for him to carry out such a threat.
Next Story: Microsoft Not Worried About Xbox Lawsuit
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities