Robots are definitely cool, unfortunately they haven’t become commonplace just yet (no, the roomba doesn’t count). A team from Perception On Purpose (POP) has come up with a technology that could facilitate robotic understanding and responses to human behavior, and even conversations. One of the challenges that they encountered was attempting to integrate 2 different sensory models, which are sound and vision, but once they overcame that, the 2 senses helped overcome the limitations of both. The whole deal is quite cool, and you can check out more details from the video here.
Next Story: New Zelda Game Will Utilize MotionPlus?
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland