Sony’s PSPgo has moved more than 28,000 units on its first day on sale in the Land of the Rising Sun, with brisk movement of retail and download titles Persona 3 Portable and Dissidia Final Fantasy Universal Tuning, coupled with download-only games Disgaea Infinite and LocoRoco Midnight Carnival. Is this a success? We’ll let you judge for yourself – the PSP-3000 moved more than 140,000 units in October within a 4-day window, while the Nintendo DSi sold 170,000 in half that amount of time. Guess there is still love for UMD after all, eh?
Next Story: Windows 7 pushes PC sales up
- 2011-10-11: Sony to offer UMD trade-in program for PS Vita?
- 2011-04-21: Sony PSPgo not gone...yet
- 2011-04-20: PSPgo confirmed dead
- 2011-04-19: PSPgo stock runs dry, Sony shrugs
- 2011-03-03: PSP Go sees a permanent price drop
- 2010-06-09: Was The Sony PSPgo An Experiment?
- 2010-10-25: PSPgo Price Reduced To $199 In The US