Worldwide installation of wind farms could be delayed or abandoned as objections have been raised from the aviation community or air defense interests. The main reason behind these objections concern low flying aircraft or wind turbines, where conventional radar can’t tell the difference between either. The solution? Development of “stealth” turbine technology that might just do the trick. The integration of stealth technology into towers and nacelles as well as blades could potentially enable small remaining radar presence to be factored out of air traffic and air defense systems, essentially turning wind farms invisible to radar.
Next Story: Thrustmaster offers new Wii peripherals
- 2014-02-25: PPlanter Public Urinal Goes Green
- 2013-04-03: Wind Turbine Works Sans Blades
- 2013-03-12: Walgreens Building A Superstore That Runs Only On Renewable Energy
- 2012-09-07: Wooden turbine towers: A highly feasible alternative
- 2011-10-26: Wind turbines to bother radar systems no more?
- 2011-08-22: Wind turbines to power BMW factory
- 2011-01-05: ZENA System designs innovative Wind Tower to capture wind from any direction