It seems that stealing iPhones is the recent thieving trend. After the Belgium iPhone heist, now 4 young men have stolen 17 iPhones from the display, which would roughly bring the value of the stolen goods to about $10,000 (after converting from Euros). Apparently the iPhones have already been entered into the crime database, so let’s hope that nobody gets scammed buy buying those phones. Word is that the police have a video of the thieves, so they’ll certainly be searching for them.
Next Story: BiDi Display Can Track Your Gestures
- 2011-11-18: Motorola accused of allegedly stealing geolocation code from Lemko
- 2011-09-23: 3D printers scam $400,000 from bank customers
- 2011-09-13: Smart Meters deter electricity theft
- 2011-08-19: Texting and driving do not mix
- 2010-12-22: UK teen buys $750,000 of his own music online using stolen credit cards