CompleteSpeech has come up with the Palatometer, which is able to read how your tongue contacts the palate during speech. From there, it can help those with speech impediments learn how to speak properly. The palatometer will be placed in a person’s mouth, and the system will try to translate those mouth movements into words before reproducing them on a small sound synthesizer. Interesting tech, to say the least.
Next Story: Google Maps Mobile Version 3.3
- 2013-07-09 Robot Used To Help Ease Child's Pain
- 2012-03-09 B-Catch Project - Visual Path calculation by “Piggy” and DFKI
- 2012-03-06 Smart fur might see more sentient robotic pets
- 2011-12-13 Tour Guide Robot to boost tourist arrivals?
- 2011-12-13 A robot that controls humans