GPS navigators are fairly common in luxury cars nowadays, but about Google Earth? Well, Audi will be offering the option of a built-in navigation system for their 2011 model that comes complete with Google Earth and a GPRS/EDGE modem. 3G would have been a lot nicer, but considering that you don’t see Google Earth on cars everyday, it’s certainly not the end of the world. There isn’t any mention how this unit will affect the price of your new A8, but you’ll probably want to take note that it might not be available the moment the car is launched, as Audi is saying to expect it mid 2010 or so. Word on the street is that there will also be a UMTS modem available in mid 2010, so you’ll want to keep that in mind when you check it out.
Next Story: KINGK N99 From China Must Love The Autobots
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2013-12-30: Google And Audi Rumored To Announce Android In-Car Entertainment System
- 2013-06-26: Google Maps Earth View Goes Cloud-Free
- 2013-06-10: Google Earth Improves Ocean Viewing Experience
- 2010-01-08: Google Nexus One Encountering Poor 3G Coverage?
- 2010-02-22: Google Earth now available for Nexus One