DARPA is certainly stepping things up a notch with the unveiling of their latest creation known as the Iron Curtain. This system will mount on top of a Humvee, and is capable of taking out whatever rockets which are shot in its direction – hopefully it will be accurate enough. This is the first time such a system is working on a moving vehicle, where it relies on radar, optical sensors and several classified elements to make its way across the battlefield safely.
Next Story: TaskWatch magnetic white board clock
- 2014-02-05 DARPA Taps IBM To Develop Self Destructing Chips
- 2013-10-17 Atlas Robot Breaks Ankle Upon Debut
- 2013-10-14 DARPA Wants Cheap Mind Reading Headset Developed
- 2013-09-12 DARPA Hydra Project Is An Unmanned Vehicle Network
- 2013-08-28 DARPA Warrior Web Suit Project